Date Created: January 2016
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way Lasalle Animal Clinic conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to Lasalle Animal Clinic's daily operations.
Lasalle Animal Clinic strives to protect and respect personal information of its customers, employees, business partners, and so on in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of Lasalle Animal Clinic must abide by this organization's procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance/security number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, and personal views.
Business information is defined as Lasalle Animal Clinic, business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), and director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing Lasalle Animal Clinic to collect, use, and disclose the individual's personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
- Implied consent is granted by the individual when he/she signs the application or form. This allows Lasalle Animal Clinic to obtain or verify information from third parties (such as banks, credit bureaus, lenders, or insurance companies) in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, customer, client, job applicant, or business partner.
Lasalle Animal Clinic collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its clients. Lasalle Animal Clinic hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
- Transfer of medical file to a referring veterinarian
- Transfer of medical file upon the request of the client
- Lasalle Animal Clinic assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. This organization has appointed Janice Vannevel as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- Lasalle Animal Clinic obtains personal information directly from the individual to which the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how Lasalle Animal Clinic uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. Lasalle Animal Clinic will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. Lasalle Animal Clinic will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- Lasalle Animal Clinic will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- Lasalle Animal Clinic vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. Lasalle Animal Clinic maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of Lasalle Animal Clinic who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- Lasalle Animal Clinic's computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or "snooping" by sufficient software solutions.
- Personal information is not transferred to volunteers, summer students, interns, or other non-paid staff by e-mail or any other electronic format.
- Personally identifiable information about the individual that is collected from the Web site or through affiliate sites.
- Information about the organization collecting the data.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- What options are available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- The information technology security procedures in place that protect against the destruction, loss, theft, alteration, or misuse of personal information under Lasalle Animal Clinic possession and control.
- How the individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in their personal information.
- Lasalle Animal Clinic may share compiled demographic information with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This Web site may contain links to other sites, but Lasalle Animal Clinic is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations' sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Any registration or order form asking site visitors to enter personal or financial information will be protected by SSL encryption.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
- In most instances, Lasalle Animal Clinic will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, please notify Lasalle Animal Clinic as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should Lasalle Animal Clinic deny an individual's request for access to his/her personal information, Lasalle Animal Clinic will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- Lasalle Animal Clinic may use personal information without the individual's consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- Lasalle Animal Clinic is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.
contacting us at www.lasalleac.vetstreet.com or by calling at
705-560-7226. Lasalle Animal Clinic will investigate and respond to concerns
about any aspect of the handling of personal information. This organization
will address concerns to the best of its abilities.
Medication and Prescription Refill Policy.
In order for you and your pet to receive the best quality care there are certain guidelines that we need to follow as per the College of Veterinarians of Ontario.
College of Veterinarians of Ontario Position Statement June 2011,
“The veterinarian-client-patient relationship is the foundation of effective veterinary medicine and animal care.” This relationship is said to exist when the veterinarian has sufficient knowledge of the animal including its health status, immunization history, nutrition, management, environment and hygiene to initiate a general or preliminary diagnosis of the medical condition of the animal.
The CVO also states that in order to establish this relationship the animal must have had an examination within the last year.
Therefore, it is Lasalle Animal Clinic’s Policy that no prescriptions will be dispensed if an animal has not been examined by our veterinarians with in the last 365 days. All refills of any medications must be approved by our veterinarians and no other staff members (technicians or our reception team) are allowed to refill any prescription without approval by a staff veterinarian.
If a prescription refill is requested for a medication that has not been prescribed within the last 3 months, your pet’s file will be reviewed and if the veterinarian feels that there is not adequate information we may request that we examine your pet before the prescription is refilled.
To allow us to continue with ongoing services and quality care we have adapted the following payment policies:
- Payment is expected when services are rendered.
- We accept cash, debit, and credit (Mastercard & Visa)
- We now offer PayBright (low interest or no interest options available for 3 month, 6 month, 12 month, and 18 month plans).
Benefits of the PayBright program:
· Fast and easy online application
· Low monthly payments
· No annual fees
· Begin treatment the day of approval
- Pet insurance. ( full payment in clinic is required when services are rendered, reimbursement for an agreed amount is worked out through your insurance company).
To learn more on pet insurance visit some of the following websites.